Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The SECOND new floor...


We have been planning on laying a new laminate tile floor in the kitchen for awhile now. We have been busy with other projects and so this one seemed to be put on the back burner. Yesterday we knew it was going to be put on hold again because we were planning on being busy all day cleaning, organizing, and attending the family reunion. After doing all of this and getting back around 3, Ty and I walked into the kitchen, looked at the floor, looked at each other, and then Ty said " So how long do you think it will take?" Not thinking much of it I walked away saying, "It couldn't take that long." And evidently that was all Ty needed to get on the phone to call Talon and go get the tools. He began tearing it up and that was that. Our neighbor came by to lend a helping hand and Talon came over. I was in and out of the kitchen trying to both help and stay out of the way. I was in charge of the broom and sweeping! Oh and I was in charge of the pattern (which may have been a little frustrating for the guys, but hey I can't help it!) Needless to say, 8 hours, two pizzas, and a Pepsi run later, the floor was finished and looks wonderful! We love the floor and the dogs are figuring out how to run around on it since it is a little more slick than the old one! ;o) Anyhoo, here are a few pics of the new floor and the wonderful last minute project of my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment